As Sensational Suga has grown in the past 5 years, it has equally evolved and transformed into a business that I am very proud of. However, working alone has restricted me from being able to help all my valuable clients. The timing was perfect and it seemed fitting that in February 2017, I continue to spread my love for suga by teaching my clients how to make their own Sweet Treats!
With the introduction of technology, Social Media and YouTube, it makes DIY projects and crafts a lot easier to do at home but you miss out on the joys of physically attending a Class. In case you need some convincing…
- Dedicated and focused me-time for the duration of the Class. Mommy’s, I’m definitely calling YOU!
- An opportunity to be creative and blow off some steam.
- Compared to watching an online tutorial, you are taught all the tips and tricks that can only be learnt with trial and error and TIME!
- A Class is the perfect way to bond and spend time with a friend or family member/s.
- You get to meet and spend time with like minded individuals that appreciate creativity.
- You get exclusive access to private Facebook groups for Sensational students where we inspire, share, help, guide and advise one another on our Cookie or Oreo projects.
- You gain the necessary skills to generate income by selling your Treats.
- You receive priority to book for exclusive Classes because you have previously attended a Class.
- You have access to new products, specials and Black Friday offers.
- You get to continue to sharpen your skills by attending advanced Classes.
- You get to create special Party Favours, thoughtful Gifts or simply, a Saturday afternoon Treat!
TYPES OF CLASSES:
- Cookie Decorating
- Chocolate Oreos
- 3D Figurines
- Cake Decorating: Coming in 2018!
- There are dedicated Venues in and around Joburg where Classes are regularly held (Benoni, Menlyn, Emmarentia). I am always on the look out for somewhere new.
- In the comfort of your own home. See Private Classes below.
- At the office in the boardroom for corporate events and Team Building.
Classes start from R350 per person and all bookings (except private) are made online through Quicket.
These have proven to be a big hit!
We all deserve to treat ourselves with a creative outlet amoungst the busyness of life. My Classes have provided just that! Invite your friends, supply the bubbly and I’ll do the rest. All in the comfort of your own home!
Pop me an email on email@example.com to reserve a date or for more info.
Who knew that teaching would become one of my first loves! I’m very proud of my students and the skills they have gained and continue to sharpen! Some have successfully started their own companies making these Treats. It brings new meaning to spreading my love of suga. I do hope you’ll be joining a class soon!
Upcoming Classes: BOOK HERE!
View all past Classes HERE!
It was incredibly difficult to choose my Best of 2017 Cakes and Cookies because my love for each creation varies for so many reasons… Some were new challenging designs, whereas others held sentimental value, some reminding me of the long standing relationships I have with my clients and others were purely aesthetically fun and beautiful!
Thanks to each of my Clients and Followers for your love and support throughout 2017!
1 December 2017
Ben Karpinski is the Sports guy on The Gareth Cliff Show on Cliff Central. He is without a doubt Gary Player’s number 1 fan! Mr Player is famous around the globe as the Black Knight of golf. It therefore seemed fitting to make Ben a cake of Gary as the Black Knight and Ben, the squire, wearing the traditional white boiler Caddie suit as worn at the US Masters Tournament. Gary won this tournament in 1961, 1974 and 1978.
Ben’s reaction to his cake was one that makes my job so incredibly satisfying and rewarding!
A big thank you to Retha Joubert for your contribution to Ben’s masterpiece.
Thank you to UP UP AND AWAY for the special birthday balloon!
Remember, it’s not a birthday without cake!
Watch the video HERE
25 August 2017
I’ve had the honour of making Gareth’s birthday cakes for the past 4 years. For his 40th, I challenged myself with a Bobblehead Cake… and yes, it bobbled! I used his mini Bobblehead as inspiration.
There’s nothing quite like driving to the Cliff Central headquarters to deliver Gareth’s surprise cake with a decapitated human head on the seat next to me. Heads would literally have rolled had I been pulled over by unsuspecting traffic cops.
With the unseen engineering of the cake and balancing of weight, I didn’t know if the head would bobble until the very last moment when I had to attach it. What would the point of the cake be if it didn’t bobble, right? Nail biting tension! Alas, it was the perfect fit!
It was the first Bobblehead Cake made in South Africa so an incredible acheivement on my part, let alone that it was for Mr Cliff himself.
Watch the Bobble in action here!
On Saturday, 13 February 2015, the St Francis Care Centre held a Valentine’s Fundraising Tea Party at the St Dominic’s Parish Church. All proceeds went to the St Francis Care Centre.
Sensational Suga sponsored a Cake which was raffled off and sold for R1700. A total of R25,000 was raised on the day! A big congratulation to Cynthia and her team for all their dedication and hard work!
St Francis Care Centre: www.stfranciscarecentre.co.za
Our mission is to provide a haven for the terminally ill where they will be nursed in a professional and comfortable environment whilst their physical, spiritual, emotional and social needs are catered for with care and dedication.
The St Francis Wish List includes:
- Baby nappies
- Adult nappies
- Baby formula
- Washing powder
The lovely ladies from St Francis Care Centre
The Cake we sponsored
Myself and intern, Cassie
15 February 2015
It’s INTERNATIONAL CHILDHOOD CANCER DAY today! As Cupcake Angels, my intern, Cassie and I spent the morning at the Peadeatric Oncology Ward at the Wits Donald Gordon Medical Centre to spoil the little warriors with cupcakes on behalf of Cupcakes 4 Kids with Cancer. Another proud ambassodor, Mrs South Africa 2015 Sarah-Kate was there to spoil the kiddies too with lots of cupcakes! CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation SA were handing out toys to these special chidlren. What a blessing to be part of such a great cause and create awareness on the Early Warning Signs of Childhood Cancer! Visit the following link to see how you can become a Cupcake Angel, throw a ‘Party of Hope’ or get involved: www.cupcakesofhope.org
(We always welcome the good and constructive criticism so please let us have your feedback always!)
- Owl Baby Shower Cake & Cupcakes – The cake and cupcakes were delicious. Thank you so much. Everyone was so impressed at the owl on the cake that matched the invitation. I was hoping nobody would eat the cupcakes so I could take them home with me. You will definitely be hearing from me again for my kids birthday parties. – Jeannine
- Angel Christening Cake – Crystal the cake was amazing and the taste incredible. We were very pleased and impressed! – Stacey
- Wedding Cake & Sweet Treats – I just wanted to thank you for your amazing work at my wedding. The cake and treats were out of this world and looked so beautiful!! The guests devoured every last bit. Thank you very much! – Chantel
- Carrot Cake – The cake was everybody’s favourite!! Everyone asked who baked it so hopefully you’ll be baking a lot more???? – Jomari
- Shopkins Cake & Cake Pops – The cake was absolutely amazing. The Cake Pops were gone in 60 seconds. Everything looked gorgeous! Ava loved her cake. So many people want your number so I’ll keep sending business your way because your work is just always 100% and fantastic! – Lauren
- Dusty Cake – This was the BEST cake I have ever had!! It not only looked amazing, but tasted phenomenal! Thank you so much for all your effort! – Bonita
- Girly Baby Shower Cake – It was yummy and beautiful! Everyone enjoyed it and there was none left after the party. – Maxeen
- Angelina Ballerina Cake – Thanks so much, she had a ball! She was so excited about her cake and kept taking everyone to the fridge to show them. – Kyle
- Barney Cake – It really tasted good! First cake which actually got eaten – Rashe
- Ballerina Shoe Cake – Thank you so much for an amazing cake, as usual. It was tasty and looked awesome. Kabo loved it!!! She’s still keeping the shoes in the fridge. The cake didn’t just look stunningly perfect, it tasted divine. The lemon drizzle was the perfect flavour for this hot weather. I can’t thank you enough for the beautiful work but also your professionalism. Awesomely done!– Shazz
- Paw Patrol Bulldozer Cake – Everyone loved this cake! U have an amazing talent! Thank you for all the love you put into all your creations! U r exceptional! Thank u for making his day so special! And yummy!! – Priscilla
- Anniversary Cookies – Received the cookies, hubby was so chuffed with the minion and anniversary bouquet. The love birds are gorgeous. Fresh and very tasty. Will definitely order with you again. – Barbara
- Garden Themed Party – Thank you once again for all your gorgeous and delicious goodies which made Demi’s day extra special. Everyone went mad over the cake and sweets … Told everyone about you ???? – Vanessa
- Sailor Baby Shower Cake – The cake went down an ABSOLUTE storm! Thank you so much Crystal – your work is exquisite – Kerry
- Wedding Cheesecake & Brownies – Just wanted to say thank you for the cake and brownies. I can’t tell you how amazing it was everybody raved about it. Delicious! – Michelle
- Wedding Cheesecake & Brownies – A quick note to say thank you for the stunning cheese cake and brownies that you did for Michelle and Chris’s wedding last Friday. It’s the 1st time I’ve ever organized or been to a wedding where there wasn’t a crumb left of the wedding cake! – Karen
- 3D Frozen Cake – The cake was a hit. Everybody enjoyed it. Thanks a million. – Mapheto
- Corporate Cookie Bouquets – They look sensational (:-) I just had to!!!) I have to say you have exceeded all my expectations! Thanks for really listening to what we wanted and getting it so spot on! – Striata
- Little Rocker Baby Shower – I just want to say thank you so very much for the beautiful and yummy cake, cupcakes and biscuits! You have exceeded all my expectations once again. Loved the cake so, didn’t want to cut it. – Maxeen
- Naked Birthday Cake with Berries & Bunting – Thanks so much for the stunning cake on Saturday. My sister was blown away and there were so many compliments on the cake….not s crumb left over. Thanks for the awesome service and for making me look so good 🙂 – Karen
- Cupcakes – The cupcakes were amazing thank u! Everybody raved about them! – Kate
- Tatty Teddy & Cupcakes – The cake and cupcakes were amazing and ever so cute. Thanks so much and I will definitely keep your details. I have already sent it onto several people. – Lauren
- Slip n Slide Cake & Cookies – Oh yes super happy! I was like scrooge with the biscuits – was so in-love with them that I only put them on adults table and not all of them!! I couldn’t bear for them to get eaten! The cake was perfect – it was exactly what we wanted and it was so delicious. Thank you so much for making it so beautiful. – Georgie
- Ninja Turtle Cake – Hi Crystal just want to thank you for the cake, not only was it beautiful but tasted amazing too!! The cake was a huge hit! – Jadene
- Buttercream Minion Cake – Thank you so much for one awesome cake. Not just did it taste good, it looked so cute! We will order from you again for sure. Mieke was so happy and couldn’t wait to get her hands in there. Immediately started eating the hair pieces off and then her cousin joined in. Job well done and happy customers. – Alicia
- Batman Minion Cupcakes – Thank you so very much for fitting us in. Cupcakes went down a treat and were most appreciated – Alison
- Assorted Iced Cookies – Thank you so much for the LOVELY cookies and cupcake toppers. You are so talented. – Ronel
- Lumo Splatter Cake – Thank you so much for the cake. It was absolutely gorgeous. And sooooo yummy???????? the bride n groom, loved it. – Vanessa
- 3D Dusty Cake – Look how nice the cake looked with the table… He LOVED his cake!! Thank you so much ???? – Monica
- Soccer Cake, Cupcakes & Cheesecakes – Thank you so much. Amazing as always! – Liesl
- Girly Minion Cake – The Nutella was just perfect. My daughter’s favourite too 🙂 Thanks again Crystal, she was perfect! – Angelique
- Owl Baby Shower – Everyone loved the cake and the biscuits! Thank you so so much – Samantha
- Girly Paw Patrol Cake – We loved the cake. Beautiful work. Thank you! – Esthel
- 3D Watch Cake – He loved it. It was a hit and very tasty. I will be recommending you to all my friends. – Liz
- Louis Vuitton Baby Bag – Thank you the cake is stunning! Will refer you always – Jernese
- Frozen Cookies – Thanks again for the beautiful Frozen biscuits! – Bev
Thank you to all my incredibly loyal clients over the past year! I look forward to working with you and all the new clients that will get to experience SENSATIONAL Cakes, Sweet Treats and Desserts in 2016!
My morning with Cupcakes 4 Kids with Cancer at the CaRRoL BoYeS Functional Art Open Day Charity Event. I baked 200 cupcakes which were given out and donations could be made towards this worthy cause.